Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:55:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        gmarco@giovannelli.it, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CF ?

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Nate Williams wrote:

> Since no-one has taken up the laptop flag, I hope to get to this soon.
> This assumes that the flash-disk PCMCIA card acts like a standard memory
> card (which it does under Win95).  I have a flash memory card I plan on
> supporting, and I also have a flash-like card for my camera that I hope
> is similar enough to work with it.

Nate; unless we are talking about different things; I found that they get
picked up by PAO just fine as a wdc controller (after getting the vendor
string right of course). Same for my desktop machine with one of Kento-s
PCMCIA to ISA adaptors. Sofar Ive tried SanDisk ones 5, 10 and 25 Mb, A
hitachi 35 Mb and Kodaks rebranded 5 and 10 cards. Apart from the vendor
string no trouble at all.

For most applications you are fine, but if you are on FreeBSD 2.1 you
might want to change the msdos FS module a little to make it less case
sensitive; as most cameras I ve played with, really hang on mixed case
file names.

Dw