Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:36:54 -0700
From:      Alexander Lardner <linuxtux37@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No login prompt when ssh-ing into my machine.

Hi list,
Sorry to bother you with two questions in 24hrs :P. I have set up sshd so I
can access my FreeBSD box anywhere on my LAN. I've noticed a problem,
though, when I try to get in. If I'm in my OS X terminal:

alex$ ssh 192.168.2.7
Password:

That's the issue. No login, no banner. From the reading and Googling I've
done it seems that it's trying to login as my current OS X user, and when I
type *ssh alardner@192.168.2.7 *it connects fine, but I don't want to have
to do it that way. How can I get it to show the login prompt as well?

-Alex