Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Daniel Patrick <daniel.patrick@citicorp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing BSD over PPP Problems

------=_NextPart_000_01BC54C3.DCE5B9D0

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Daniel Patrick wrote:
> I get connected and get my ip and then toggle to the other tty port.  I hit enter and the install begins.  It creates the file systems and starts to download the software.  Everything looks great, then at about 200000k I loose connection to my ISP.  Thi
s is consistant.  I tried it six times.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I have searched the knowledge base and have come up empty

I know you don't have a real operating system installed yet, but
wrap your lines please :)

Are you serious about the 200000K ?  Didn't realize novice installed
everything.  At 200MB downloading at 28.8 you are probably hitting
a hard session limit on your ISP's terminal servers.  Check with
them and see if they have this set.  That is several hours of download
isn't it?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com

------=_NextPart_000_01BC54C3.DCE5B9D0--