Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:54:51 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange console behavior

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:12:33PM -0500, User Land wrote:
> program terminates.
>
> Any ideas what's wrong & how to fix it? I tried rebooting, but no luck.
Look at TERM environment variable, it needs to be cons25 if you are
using SCO like console driver, or vt220 if you are using pcvt driver.
Also, try temporary mv /etc/rc.conf /etc/rc.conf.ttt
and then restart. This, of course, disable network etc. but will give
you "good plain unconfigured environment"

But I think, that you have accidentaly relaced console driver in
kernel config

--
Igor Robul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia