Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 95 10:23:00 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        john@starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: urgently need to know: zircom parallel port Ethernet support in FreeBSD?

> I gather from the FAQ that the answer is no, since there is no "zircom"
> in there, nor anything that seems to resemble it, but it would make
> my life just BUNCHES easier if it was there -- else it's off to Linux
> land for that box, which is no big deal (FreeBSD will always be my first
> love :-), except that I haven't done Linux before, and I don't already
> have it laying around my local network...

I thought zircom was one of those companies that you have tor pry
programming information from their cold, dead fingers?

I think there is a packet driver, but I don't know if sources are
available or not.

If there is a Linux driver, you could port it, but unless you got the
licensing changed or unless it was loadable as a module and under LGPL
instead of GPL (loading kernel modules satisfies the link requirements),
it would be something you'd have to maintain and distribute seperately.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.