Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:24:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <dga@pobox.com>
To:        kris@obsecurity.org (Kris Kennaway)
Cc:        fukuda@alles.ad.jp (fukuda shinichi), freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unknown process

There was an analysis of this posted to ISN today:

http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/archive.pike?list=12&mid=177354

You've been hacked.  Do what Kris said immediately - take your
system offline, and figure out how they got in.  You'll likely
need to either restore from backups, a fresh install, or check
your tripwire/etc logs to determine what else the intruder
changed, if they installed a rootkit, etc.

  -Dave

work: dga@lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga@pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/