Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 23:39:35 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <root@flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ijPPP server and Link Dead

Hi all,

I'm trying to get ijppp going,

I created an entery for everybody in ppp.secret in the format like:

username  password    147.41.41.101

My ppp.conf looks like:

default:
        disable chap
        enable pap
        enable proxy
        set debug phase chat lcp
        set ifaddr 147.41.41.104/24 147.41.41.106/24

The idea was that using a login script the users would login and run ppp
-direct

they would then authenticate by PAP and get their own IP number.

This worked fine for about half a day, and then it stopped. I don't think
I'd changed anything other than the logging options (which I was trying to turn
off because I didn't understand the logs anyway) but I cant get it to work
again.

I dial in and the login script part works fine, ppp starts, I
authenticate OK and the server says "Greetings!!!", then a few seconds
later the modem hangs up and i get a link dead message.

If anyone has any ideas or if the ppp.log would be of help to anyone....

Thanks,

Andrew