Date:      Fri, 29 May 2015 01:12:19 +0200
From:      Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   No RTM_NEWADDR message generated when adding IPv6 addresses to a tun interface

Dear all,

I'm using a tun interface with the IFF_BROADCAST | IFF_MULTICAST mode.
I can use ifconfig to add an IPv4 or IPv6 address. So far so good.

I'm running a program which gets all messages from a routing socket.
When I'm adding an IPv4 address to the tun interfaces, I receive
a RTM_NEWADDR routing message with the added address. However, I
do NOT receive one, when I'm adding an IPv6 address.
When deleting an IPv4 or IPv6 address, I do receive the corresponding
RTM_DELADDR message.

Does anyone know why I'm not receiving the RTM_NEWADDR when adding
an IPv6 address to a tun interface?

If it matters, the above is tested on head...

Best regards
Michael