Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:24:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confused about Making a new port

Hey Oscar!

I'll take a stab, without actually looking at the file.  :-)

>see, ns tries to do this
>
>/usr/local/bin/tclsh somefile.tcl
>
>but in freebsd tclsh is named tclsh8.0
>
>i don't know where to patch this... the makefile seems like a bad
>idea since it's generated automatically by configure.

I don't remember for sure, but one of those files in the top directory is
going to be important during the 'configure' stage -- I'd start with the
'configure' program itself and search for tclsh.  Try changing that, then
do the configure.  Usually when we patch something like this it's done to
the configure files.

Good luck and godspeed,

Brian