Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 01:22:06 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.ca>
Cc:        Tony Byrne <tony@nua.ie>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/sys/modules/mlx

> >Since I don't have a Mylex RAID controller and I only needed a 4.0
> >kernel in order to complete a source upgrade of 3.4 to 4.0, I
> >commented out the mlx device line in my GENERIC kernel config file and
> >the system happily compiled the kernel.
>
> Unfortunately for me, I need the mlx driver working :-)  The problem seems
> to be a reference to a variable that is not declared (disks_registered) in
> two spots.  I am not sure if they are meant to be removed, or that the
> declarations are meant to be included.  Either way, msmith@freebsd.org will
> no doubt know what to do.

Yeah.  Read this list and test patches when I post them.  I put the diff
that got committed up for general review several days before it was
committed, and received no feedback (not even a "can you wait").  I'm
currently without a functional 4.x system to test on, but desperately
wanted to get the log message fix back before the bug bites too many
people.

*sigh*  Unfortunately, one line escaped me; I think that Bill Fumerola
has already fixed this.  Please folks - if you need this code working,
keep an eye on the list so that I can catch your attention when I need
some help. 8(