Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:26:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jin Guojun (DSD staff) <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        dej@inode.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luna 340

> architect on the chip.  However, I cannot reveal a lot of information, since
> Chrysalis-ITS considers programming information to be proprietary, and the
> chip has not shipped in volume yet.  I will say the following:
>
> - The chip will work fine in a PC having a 32-bit 33 MHz PCI bus.

The issue is that what will be the performance dropped if the card is
plugged in a 32-bit 33 MHz PCI slot. According to the data sheet, the
MD5 performance is 100 Mbps. On a 32-bit 33 MHz PCI system, it all means
that the performance will be dropped to 50Mbps, right?

> - FreeBSD could support it if a driver were developed.
> - If you want a driver, let Chrysalis-ITS know.  If there is enough requests
>   from the FreeBSD crowd, they might let me write one.

Is there a particular contact in Chrysalis-ITS who I should write to?
or just send a request to their support.

> - If you get your hands on one and find a hardware bug, blame me. :-)
> - Anything else you want to know can be found in the datasheet.  I can't
>   answer questions beyond that.

Thanks for the information,

	-Jin