Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:47:55 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, mike@skew.org
Subject:   Re: perl-after-upgrade mistakenly thinks nothing needs to be done

	From: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
	To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
	Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 07:08:17 -0600 (MDT)

	Hi all,

	I'm running 8.3-RELEASE and thought I'd update Perl from 5.12 to 5.16.
	Silly me. I updated my ports snapshot, and as per UPDATING, ran

		portmaster -o lang/perl5.16 lang/perl5.12

	This went OK, so I then ran perl-after-upgrade, with and without -f. It scans
	the packages and finds everything it should, but insists nothing needs to be
	done, saying " 0 moved, 0 modified, 0 adjusted" for every one of them. At the
	end it says "Fixed 0 packages (0 files moved, 0 files modified)".

	Well of course this isn't right; all my modules are still sitting in the
	5.12.4 directory and are not getting moved over to the 5.16.2 one. This
	naturally breaks everything depending on those modules.

	What's going wrong? Sorry if this is a novice question.

	Please let me know what I need to check. Thanks,

	Mike

Don't know the answer to your exact question.

Have you done "portmaster 5-"?
If not, do it. After this is done,
how much have you got left under 5.12.4?

Anton