Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 16:15:24 +0100
From:      Lu Wei <wei@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installation of freebsd

Hi, I will be grateful if somebody can ping me some ideas on how to solve the
following problem when installing the FreeBSD.

1. I have split the existing "C:" into two partitions: sd0s1 and sd0s2.
   sd0s1 contains the existing user data while sd0s2 is free and for
   FreeBSD installation. Now, sd0s1 is "C:", sd0s2 is "D:".

2. I copied all the "bin.*" and "root.flp" into "C:\FreeBSD".

3. After boot-up(using RaWrite.exe and Boot.flp).
   In "Partition" Menu, I select sd0s2 and set sd0s2 to "A", then quit.

4. In "Label" menu, I do nothing and quit.

5. In "Distribution" menu, I select "Minimal" and exit.

6. In "Media" menu, I select "DOS", and further select "sd0s1", then exit.

7. When I press "Extract" menu, it shows:
  " Couldn't extract all of the distributions. This may be because the
    specified distributions are not available from the installation media
    you've chosen (residue: 1)."

Please check my steps.

Thanks and best regards.

Wei