Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:24:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      "jtkipp@students.wisc.edu" <jesse@foo.bar.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DELETING WINDOWS 95, Please Help

Moved to chat...

------------
"And mama said, That's what you get for jumping on the bed!"
        Jesse Kipp, zaphod@imailbox.com, jtkipp@students.wisc.edu
------------

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Alex wrote:

> Either way, WP 5.1 was one of the best written programs I've ever used.
> It was blazingly fast (on a 486 none the less), so I wouldn't doubt that a
> lot of it was written in assembly.  It even came with a little task
> swapper thing, that while not as powerful as DeskView, it certianly worked
> nicely and came with a nice bunch of integrated apps (calendar, mini
> database, spreadsheet, etc..). Those Mormons sure knew how to code DOS
> apps back then ;-)
>
> - alex
Wow! I never knew it had half of those features! I ran WP 5.1 on a
286/8/640k the only catch was if you typed to fast, the computer would get
behind when you reached the end of a line... and saving and searching were
painfully slow... I love WP 5.1, Is the source available? No, I thought
not... Even a look-a-like with the same features for FreeBSD would be
really cool.