Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 2002 17:18:33 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        Simon Siemonsma <simon.freebsd@hccnet.nl>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: KDE vs. GNOME || GNOME vs. KDE

8/3/2002 4:14:51 PM, Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>One thing you'll find is that you can applications
>written for both as long as you have the base
>libraries. For example, I prefer to use Evolution for
>email and use Galeon for webbrowsing whereas I use
>Konsole for all my console work (vim) and I usually
>use KDE rather than Gnome. (I use fluxbox now but
>that's another story)
>
>-ed

That raises something I wanted to mention, which is that "neither" is also
an acceptable answer.  I use Blackbox and Windowmaker as window
managers, rox-filer (built from source - the port installs a fairly large
number of Gnome dependencies I don't need) as file manager, Opera
as browser, etc.  I haven't generally been interested in large
"environments" like GNOME and KDE (though I do find myself curious
about the e17 version of Enlightenment).

Jud