Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 19:19:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound debugging

So right now there is no clean way to debug sound in FreeBSD.

I modified my system running current so that I now have a PCM_DEBUG option.

I set up oid's in the same way that many usb drivers do with DPRINTF / DPRINTFN.

So I now have hw.snd.drivername.debug oid's.

Is the method used for usb debugging the "best way".  I am referring to the usage of USB_DEBUG
which creates opt_usb.h.  When USB_DEBUG is defined than the DPRINTF / DPRINTFN macros become
defined with some sysctl's.  If debugging is not defined do the DPRINTF / DPRINTFN lines go into
the drivers once compiled and slow it down or bloat it?

Regards,
David Yeske