Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 01:23:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Basket Case <11jmitch@gallux.gallaudet.edu>
To:        Ron Lenk <rlenk@widget.xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mysterious reboot...any ideas?

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, Ron Lenk wrote:

> After doing a build of FreeBSD stable on Sept. 12th, my machine ran
> smoothly for 13 days, before it rebooted mysteriously this afternoon,
> while I was editing a message in emacs.

The same thing happened to me with 2.1.0-950922-SNAP (will test out the
new one sometime soon) -- the machine rebooted mysteriously after editing
a file in vi -- I believe I was about to save before it rebooted immediately
with no messages or prompts.

> I was the only person logged in at the time, and I am the only one with
> root access here, so I'm certain that nobody rebooted the machine on
> purpose. It looks to me as if init just died.

Same thing here -- my net was down while I was doing maintenance, and poof,
it rebooted.  I am wondering if anyone had similar problems?