Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 09:49:52 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum reporting 99% free on half used drive!

On Thursday, 20 May 1999 at  2:01:30 +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> Well, ...maybe I jumped the trigger this time :-)  I just realized that
> there is an offset at the subdisk level, so I shouldn't be alarmed, I
> guess? Still, the report of 0 MB used must be a bug, right?

Somewhere, yes.  You seem not to have seen my last message.

> I added the second disk, and now all figures look great. So, there seems
> to be a bug when reporting used disk size with only one drive and vinum.
> Not a very common combination, but still :)

This is a little simplistic.  There's something funny there, but it's
not that simple.  Since you're using a recent version of vinum, you
should have a history of what you did in /var/log/vinum_history.  Send
me the section between the start and when you took the list.  Maybe
that will help understand what went on.

> BTW, forgot to mention uname: FreeBSD-STABLE 3.2beta from May 16th, so
> it's fresh.

Ah.

> And hey! Vinum is great stuff! Thanks, Greg!

You're welcome.

Greg