Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 1996 23:39:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        "Sys. Admin" <rholland@freon.republic.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: disk

On 07-Oct-96 "Sys. Admin" wrote:

>then tells me that partition '1' is not available and then it tells me
>that /dev/wd1sx (where x is 1-4) is not a character-special device.
>What am I doing wrong or better yet, how can I get this second drive up
>with 2 swaps and 2 filesystem partitions up?

Richard,
There are some cautions about using sysinstall to do this kind of thing
and I think you may have found why.  Basically, you want to do the same
things, but from a command prompt using fdisk and disklabel.  Not from
sysinstall; I think.  I'm a newbie to FreeBSD myself, but I think thats
the idea.

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 10/07/96