Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:07:31 -0800
From:      arctor <arctor002@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Documentation logic error.

Take a look at:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.2-RELEASE/floppies/README.TXT

...where it says...

"do something like this:

C> fdimage kern.flp a:

Assuming that you'd copied fdimage.exe and kern.flp into a directory
somewhere."

    Here's the problem: these instructions don't make literal sense.
Literally, strictly speaking, these instructions WON'T EVEN WORK.
    Instead of asking the user to "copy the the files into a directory
somewhere", why not tell the user to issue the command from a DOS prompt
that is in the same directory as the fdimage utility? (Which is what the
writer was trying to say, anyway.) I know it sounds obvious, but it's
one of those things that's obvious to someone who already knows how to
do it, not to the poor newbie who's valiantly trying to learn by doing.
    P.S., major props to guys for writing these docs, they're a hell of
a lot better than what I've dealt with at the LDP -Arctor.