Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:55:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cloning disks

Unit numbers != SCSI address.

Doa a 'camcontrol devlist' to find what the unit id is of this new drive.
If you hadn't rebooted before attaching the disk, do a 'camcontrol rescan
<BUSNUMBER>'.

This said, there've been some somewhat hard to predict issues with the
disklabel code and Alpha/FreeBSD which have made access of the daN sometimes
not work- but this seems mostly to be due to having a stale DOS header.