Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2016 10:11:03 +0100
From:      Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i915kms - compiled 297155

On 03/23/16 07:15, O. Hartmann wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:36:13 +0100 (CET)
> Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated my local 11-CURRENT to r29715 and even though I did load i91=
5kms
>> xorg still complains that no intel devices have been found. Did I miss
>> something here?=20
>>
>> Sorry for asking dumb questions ;)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stefan
>=20
> Could you provide some informations on your hardware? Like the first co=
uple of
> rows of "dmesg" or specifially details about your hardware?
>=20
> i915kms in its recent incarnation doe not support most recent iGPUs as =
found in
> Broadwell, Braswell and Skylake (that is roughly now 1 1/2 years back i=
n time).
> Haswell is initially supported but seems to have still trouble. The cod=
ebase is
> Linux kernel 3.8 - compared to upcoming Linux 4.6 and its real nice sup=
port.
>=20
> A nice entry point for investigating is=20
>=20
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics
>=20
> Have a look.
>=20
> regards,
>=20
> oh
>=20
Hi,

I know that it's working, I helped testing it ;) that's why I was
looking forward that it is in head now. But after getting the above
mentioned revision going I did load i915kms, drm, drm2 after reboot and
xorg says "No screens found" and "No Devices found". I tested with the
latest PC-BSD 11-CURRENT and there it works as expected. So I must have
forgotten something. The Question is what ...

FYI: My hardware is a i7-4910HQ

Cheers,
Stefan