Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:13:43 +0500
From:      "Vladimir G. Drobyshevsky" <vlad@telecom.ural.ru>
To:        owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Central source/compile?

Hello, Ralph,

Tuesday, November 19, 2002, 3:07:17 AM, you wrote:

RF> The scenario is, I have a number of FreeBSD machines - they are all kept
RF> up on the same levels of code, however patching them all one at a time is
RF> a pain in the arse, especially since some are recycled slower machines
RF> that do their BSD tasks quite well - except for compiling the world.
[...]
RF> Help, please!
I think you can read that chapter http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/small-lan.html
of FreeBSD Handbook. It have small solution for your problem.
By 2 words: you must sync /etc/make.conf on every pc you build for,
make one of pc for build\test purposes, make buildworld\buildkernel,
export /usr/obj and /usr/src via NFS on that, mount it to
the same mount points on target machines and type cd /usr/src; make
installworld\installkernel on every target pcs.

--
With best regards,                                   ICQ UIN# 1921011
  Vladimir Drobyshevsky                              mailto:vlad@telecom.ural.ru