Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:06:25 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   do we really need NETISR_foo == AF_foo ?

Hi,
for some reasons (device polling), i need to register a couple of
netisr which are executed with highest and lowest priority among
network soft interrupts. In other word, i would need

        #define NETISR_POLL     0
        #define NETISR_POLLMORE 31

Now, the former is available, so no problem.  The latter is already
taken by NETISR_NETGRAPH, but I can still do something like what
i need by modifying swi_net() (or the equivalent piece of assembly
code in -stable; speaking of which, i wonder if we can replace it with
a C function).

However, I was wonder if it is really necessary that NETISR_foo has the
same value as AF_foo, or it is possible to shift up values and fill
holes to free the last bit ?

        cheers
        luigi