Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 20:37:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        kimc@w8hd.org (Kim Culhan)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world failure

It seems that Kim Culhan said:
> cd /usr/src/lib/libutil && make beforeinstall install -C -o bin -g bin -m
> 444 /usr/src/lib/libutil/libutil.h /usr/include
> install: illegal option -- C
>
> Is my 'install' too old or is the Makefile obsolete ?

Your install is too old.

bde         95/10/09 00:21:00

  Modified:    usr.bin/xinstall  install.1 xinstall.c
  Log:
  Add options -C (same as -c except for preserving the modification
  time of the target if the target file is the same as the source),
  -d (debug), and -p (same as -C except for preserving the modification
  time of the source if the target doesn't exists or is different from
  the source.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Wed Jan 10 02:23:42 MET 1996