Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:32:05 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD p.237

On Mon, 23 March 1998 at 22:40:42 -0800, Studded wrote:
> Greg Lehey wrote:
>
>> The background to this was that the book was published after the 2.2.5
>> CD-ROM, and we didn't want to stick to the location that had
>> (accidentally) been chosen on the 2.2.5 CD-ROM because it was
>> inconvenient.
>
> 	This actually leads me to a question I meant to ask previously. Is the
> 2.2.6 CD going to be bent to fit the book?

Yes.  If we had intended to leave things the way they were in the
2.2.5 CD-ROM, we could have changed the book to fit the CD-ROM.  The
problem is that everything was on /xperiment in a single tar.gz file,
not what we want to confront new users with.

> I think this would greatly reduce the number of -questions posts
> about it. We've seen a lot of them already and I think a lot of
> people are doing the same thing I am, namely waiting for 2.2.6 to
> get the package deal (sorry Greg, if I could afford to pay full
> price I would).

No worries.  If I had to pay, I'd do the same thing.

Greg