Date:      27 Jun 2000 19:05:52 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annoying reverse hylighting in `more' 4.0-STsnap0624

Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> writes:

> I've never seen those messages before, but they suggest that you've
> removed the cons25w entry (the one above cons25). ``tc=cons25w''
> means, effectively, set everything else to be the same as cons25w.
>
> As others have pointed out, termcap is very sensitive to trailing
> whitespace.
>
> I've sent you my termcap file in a private e-mail. That definitely
> works, see what you get with it (you'll need to run cap_mkdb on it).
> You should see ``mode file ....'' at the end of the SYNOPSIS line in
> the chmod manpage in yellow.

I see yellow..

I'm not sure now I trashed that job. The regexp I posted was wrong but
it was a typo here because I was transferring the stuff from a
non-networked BSD machine to my main desktop by hand.

But still somehow I botched up something in all those tiny little
marks. I've worn out three pair of store bought cheaters on this. he he

Trying it all again it worked ok.  Thanks for the file... it works
too.

Running diff on your file and  my edited one they are the same except
for the 33 and 34 .

Guess I did something right finally.   And as you noticed it is blue.
But if I want something else I might be able to handle that edit....
cp termcap.mark termcap .... now were talking

Right now I think I like the blue.

And thanks for your originall post showing how to do it.  I'd never
have tackled that file with out that post.