Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Darryl Okahata wrote:
>      Yes.  If you're seeing vlc start up (a window appears), and then
> coring, it's probably caused by missing XVideo support.

Like I posted before, I had this problem which was fixed by replacing my
video card.  I'm not sure if it was the kind of card (TNT2 Ultra from
Asus) or if it was the fact that the card appeared to be failing (i think
something related to the fact that the fan used to be really noisy and
then got much quieter...)