Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:10:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Almus <almus@dis.org>
To:        Tyler K McGeorge <treznor@sunflower.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: September 1752

In 1752 Britain and the American colonies switched from the old Julian
calendar to the new Gregorian calendar. The Julian calendar did not
adequately account for leap years, so by the 18th century the calendar was
11 days out of synch with the actual seasons. To bring the calendar back
into alignment, September 2nd was immediately followed by September 14th,
removing 11 days...

-Almus

--

e-mail: almus@dis.org -- Web: http://www.satindeath.net

"Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say..
                     and I will be your slave." -Jareth

--

Send private encrypted e-mail - Freedom 1.1
www.zks.net/clickthrough/click.asp?partner_id=111