Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:54:10 +0200
From:      "Dunric" <dunric@centrum.cz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3-release crashes when mouse not plugged in ?!

Pentium II / 433 MHz, VIA 693 chipset

At kernel booting system regulary crashes followed with spontaneous restart. After many experiments I've figured out it was caused by absence of connected PS/2 mouse. It's very strange, but when I plug it in, system normaly boots and is working.

It's very annoyng and this box should be dedicated to mail server without any peripherials like mouse and keyboard connected.

How do I tweak kernel settings to prevent such a dumb behaviour ?

Thanks in an advance

Paul