Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:00:59 -0700
From:      Chris Neustrup <druid45@idiom.com>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   several security Java problems

Hi from Walnut Creek,

   I am trying to get some security added to an application I am
building.  I need help with several problems:

1.  I cannot find the javax.net.ssl import.  I've looked in the
/usr/ports/java area and on the net and nothing jumps at me.

2.  I cannot find the javax.crypto import either.  I tried the cryptix
build, but it doesn't seem to give me a useful jar or whatever.

3.  I am trying to get the patch set 6 to work but it fails in a robot
source file edit.  The patch set 4 worked great and that's what I am
using now.  I would like to have this for the plugin.

4.  I have looked at 1.4, but since the 1.3.1 works OK I am not sure
this would be effective if I could get the ssl and crypto stuff to work
in 1.3.1

Thanks in advance,   Chris