Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:00:27 -0800
From:      "Matthew Fleming" <matthew.fleming@isilon.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiling only shared libraries?

We have a bunch of libraries to support our product and as far as I know
we only link to the shared library version.  I'd like to skip the build
of the static version of our libraries to speed up our builds and save
on disk space, but I don't see any way to do that via directives in the
Makefiles.  I didn't see anything in bsd.lib.mk which would indicate
this can be done.

Is this even possible?

(I am not subscribed to -questions, so please cc: me on responses).

Thanks,
matthew