Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 11:50:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Omar Thameen <omar@clifford.inch.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login.conf and "daemon" class

It seems that there are boot processes that will require more
resources than one would want normal daemons to have. Is there
a clear way for an 'init' login.class to be applied to foreground
boot processes. Background processes would be spawned as daemon.class
and ofcourse when init completes the boot process.

Eh?

Dan

On Sat, 2 May 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Omar Thameen wrote:
>
> > Now /etc/rc.local is also called from /etc/rc, so I assume the same
> > class "daemon" restrictions apply - is this correct?
>
> Yes, the login class info is inherited between shells.

danj@3skel.com
Dan Janowski
Triskelion Systems, Inc.
Bronx, NY