Date:      Tue, 16 May 2006 11:42:00 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Dirk =?iso-8859-1?q?Thannh=E4user?= <dt@dtinnovations.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound delay in i4b

Hi,

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 11:19, Dirk Thannh=E4user wrote:
> On May 15, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > On Monday 15 May 2006 12:20, Dirk Thannh=E4user wrote:
> >> On May 15, 2006, at 9:38 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> >

> I played around a lot with changing numbers, but i was not able to
> get latency down.

> Did you ever test with the asterisk echo test application?

Yes, but only "ISDN-NT <-> Asterisk"

> (maybe=20
> that latency is only here a problem)=20

There is an Asterisk application called MixMonitor, than can be used to rec=
ord=20
calls.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/MixMonitor

Try recording the call, in .wav format:

exten =3D> ... , MixMonitor(my_file.wav)

Then open up the wave file in a wave-file editor, or send it to me, and try=
=20
measure the echo delay.

> Is it possible that there is a=20
> bug inside the application?=20

There is a chance that "chan_capi.c" might be adding some extra delay to th=
e=20
sound, when it bridges the call. You installed the latest chan_capi also?

> But on the other hand it worked fine with=20
> the zaptel drivers.

The zaptel drivers interrupt every millisecond I think, to move data around=
=2E=20
If you want that low latency, buy a HFC-4S and enable line interconnect in=
=20
'capi.conf'.

> I think i will need more time to study sources :-)

=2D-HPS