Date:      Sat, 9 Jul 2016 07:40:32 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] change in default openssl coming

On 2016-07-08 08:26, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During this summer (sometime in August I think) I will be changing the
> default OpenSSL for the ports tree from the base system version to
> security/openssl.
>
> I will also, because it goes with it, change the default GSSAPI from base
> to something else, I think the consensus was to use the MIT version, which
> is security/krb5.
>
> Before I do that, it would be nice if people who actually use Kerberos (so,
> that's the two of you at the back) could provide some feedback if it
> changing this will break things.

Looking at the next release of openssl (1.1.x) and the deprecation of SSL2/SSL3/MD2 I want to throw in the following question.
Are there any plans to adjust the default OPTIONS for security/openssl before / during the phase it will become the default for ports?

It would be a good time to adjust the OPTIONS because the next release don't support them any longer