Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:16:00 -0600
From:      Kenny Hanson <khanson@pdspc.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: 440LX Chipset

I want to thank all the responses I received dealing with the 440LX
problem I was experiencing.  Apparently this problem is unique with
the Intel Atlanta board where the latest bios is not passing the boot
drive number along to the bootstrap code (I hope I worded this
right...).  A gentleman passed along a patch to the biosboot code
which takes care of this problem by forcing it to boot off the
primary drive (drive 0x80).  This fixed my problem and I am now
cruising happily along at 300MHz :-).

Kenny Hanson
khanson@pdspc.com