Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:24:32 -0700
From:      Phil Glatz <phil@glatz.com>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help - can't build mysql

>I recomend upgrading FreeBSD instead of wasting time with this.

Better yet, consider postgres --- I finally got the religion, and realize
what an improvement it is.  In addition to be much closer to Oracle and
"true" SQL, you'll find it outperforms mysql in many ways.  I've done many
projects over the years with mysql and still find it appropriate for some,
but it's worse problem is that it just doesn't scale well.  This can be
death for a popular web site.