Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41209: www/mozilla browser serializes DNS lookups (fwd)

The following reply was made to PR ports/41209; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To: Andriy Gapon <agapon@excite.com>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:15:18 +0300

 Andriy Gapon wrote:

 > Maxim,
 >
 > sorry for a chain of mails. In -STABLE both getaddrinfo and getnameinfo
 > manuals have this comment:
 >
 > BUGS
 >      The current implementation is not thread-safe.
 >
 > and the code has a number of static variables, although I didn't check
 > their usage carefully.
 > What do you think ?

 Quick look at the code in question left me with impression that those
 static structures are used as constants, so that there should be no
 problems. The problem might be that the manpage is quite outdated and
 doesn't match the reality (check comments at the very top of
 getaddrinfo.c).

 -Maxim