Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:31:24 +0100
From:      Jase Thew <bazerka@beardz.net>
To:        Brian <brian@brianwhalen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0 release to stable

Brian wrote:
> It turns out, as I look at the below, I was testing a unique process and
> didn't realize it.
> [...]
> So, I was migrating not only from a release to stable, but more
> specifically from a release to a prerelease.

Hi,

I think you misunderstand - 7.1-PRERELEASE is just the name [1] which
has been given to RELENG_7 (aka 7-stable) in preparation for the code
freeze leading up to 7.1-RELEASE. There is nothing special or unique
about it :)

Regards,

Jase.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=268263+0+current/cvs-src