Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:42:09 +0100
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@luna.nl>
To:        Byung Yang <freebsd@nowcool.dhs.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new kernel.

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 08:36:11AM +0000, Byung Yang wrote:
> I supped two days ago and compiled everything.  Now, if I try to launch
> netscape, the computer just freezes right up there.  First, I thought it
> was the netscape, but when I was searching for a file on my computer, but
> took longer than I thought and pressed ^C, it froze again.

I bet you use the linux version of Netscape ?
 Try ANY linux program .. I've had this too. I bet that any linux program
 makes your computer freeze.

It has been on this list too for .. ehm, about 3 messages or so. The remedy
I used, was (how odd it may seem) to recompile your kernel...

-Steve

--
Stephan van Beerschoten             Email: stephanb@luna.nl
Network Engineer                    Luna Internet Services www.luna.nl