Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 08:58:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Keith Woodworth <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   An X question..

Just installed 2.2.6 via ftp with the X stuff. Configured X to use the S3
server and things look ok in the config file but get this when I gry to
startx:

exeve failed for /usr/x11R6/bin/X (error 13)

Now according to /usr/include/sys/errno.h and error 13 is permission denied.
there is a symlink for X to /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86_s3 with lrwxrwxrwx
and xf86_s3 is rw-r-r, so since no execute bits are set I'm assuming
thats why the permission denied error.

All the other servers are rwx-r-xr-x.

Looking over my 2.1.7 X setup all servers have there are:

rwsr-xr-x  Is this is what's called having the suid set?

I'm going to change things to rwxr-xr-x for the s3 server and try again
but why would the server I want to use not be executable when all the
others are? It was apparently modified the day I stup the X stuff last week.

Thanks,
Keith