Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 10:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   mtrg and cfgmaker

    Can anybody explain what I'm missing n the mrtg- and snmp-world
    regarding "routers"?  Over the weekend I tried with working
    config files on a friend's site; plus cfg files from other places,
    including the author's.

    Things like:

 cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg'  \
          --global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' \
           admin@ns1.thought.org

    keep blowing up on the last line.  I've tried the cfgmaker option

    	--dns-domain='ns1.thought.org'

    and have also tried

	--ifref='216.39.168.248'

    ... but with cfgmaker doesn't  like these last two options.

    I'm trying to get mtrg to produce at least some output; my first
    goal is to get the stats on bytes/<time delta> over my ISDL link;
    then graph the traffic wasted on SPAM; then graph the amount of
    web traffic I'm getting.

    But first things first...   What should I put in fo the
    "commnity@router.abc.def" line?

    Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

    gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix