Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 13:23:29 -0700
From:      "Daniel Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   various questions

Hi,
I have a few questions that I would appreciate any help with:

1) when I enter into ppp and type "term" I can't type anything, I can hit
~. to quit but whatever I type never seems to get to the modem.
I am using "set device /dev/cuaa0" in my ppp.conf file, if I use anything
but cuaa0 I get an modem not found error. sio0 is detected when I boot
FreeBSD.

2)I recently recompiled my kernel and sense then whenever I boot it I get
the configuration screen, how do I stop it from coming up?

3)I have an SMC EitherEZ card in my computer, I have configured the irq and
i/o address, but I have no idea what to put for the memory address, when I
leave it on the default the kernel doesn't detect it at boot.

4)I can change my backspace key to backspace by typing "stty erase
<backspace>" when I am at a $ prompt, but whenever I reboot the system, I
have to do it again, what file should I put this command in so it is
executed at boot always. Also, how should I but it in the file?
Using vi whenever I hit the backspace key, it backspaces, even if I haven't
run stty yet. when I press the key instead of making a "^H" it just moves
the cursor backward.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
Daniel Keller