Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:35:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tadhg Christopher Bird Cain <sysjedi@uvc.macrowerx.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Owen Barnett wrote:

> > just try the nt version, it should support freebsd as a child os anyway)
> >

> Yeah, I guess, but I'd MUCH rather do it the other way around...

I agree, because no matter how much time I spend in the BSD "window" I
would always feel like I was *really* running NT, and my OpSys of choice
was being hosted. It just ain't right.

If I was them, I would have gone the route of a SoftICE micro OpSys to
handle things, and have all the concurrently running Operating Enviroments
running under *that* So you would boot thier little micro OpSys, and
launch the "real" Operating Systems from that.

But thats just me I guess.  What the hell do I know all I've been working
on lately is perl based Web Toys. :/

--
Tadhg "Christopher" Bird Cain <tadhg@MacroWerx.com>
Systems Jedi