Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:26:07 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@atkielski.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Subject:   Re: Record uptime for a FreeBSD system?

On Sunday,  9 December 2001 at  6:39:26 +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> I was just wondering:  What is the highest uptime anyone has ever seen on a
> FreeBSD system?  I assume it is several years, but what's the longest time
> that anyone has actually verified (by looking at system status or some other
> report that actually spells out the uptime, and marking it down for
> posterity)?
>
> I had my NT and FreeBSD systems running very close for a while, but then a
> persistent bug in the NT network driver (at least I think that's where it
> is) gave me a blue screen on that system.  FreeBSD is still running nicely.
> It has only been ten days, though, which isn't a very long time for a
> server.

The highest I've seen is:

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 00:53:56 -0800
From: Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>

DNS root /root # uptime
 2:11AM  up 1128 days, 15:15, 2 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.02, 0.01
DNS root /root # uname -a
FreeBSD DNS.Lamb.net 2.2.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE #0: Thu Aug  7 12:17:56 PDT 1997     root@DNS.Lamb.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/DNS  i386

That means the system must have been booted round 15 October 1998.
The message was only 2 weeks ago.  Ulf, is it still up?

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.