Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:26:11 -0600
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick/work/ImageMagick-6.4.3/PerlMagick

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 10:23:51AM -0700, Dino Vliet wrote:
> my adm64 dual core system running freebsd I get the following error
> when installing the port, /usr/porst/graphics/ImageMagick:

I usually disable the 'TEST' option before building ImageMagick.
Some tests always fail here... (with i386 and amd64 alike). Without
the TEST option, everything works as expected (or at least I hope
the installed port isn't broken enough for what I need it to).

> Solved this.
>
> I had to use google and found an issue with Xlib and where the
> selftest failed. I had to re-enable root logins for my shiny kde4.1
> desktop and after that as root I rebuild this port and everything
> went smooth! Now I can finally use my dual core power to start
> manipulating those video files.

Huh? Strange. I'm just using fluxbox and always compile as root.
But some tests fail anyway.

> Brgds
> Dino

Regards,