Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:28:50 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jeff Cross <jeff.cross@averageadmins.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Corrupt Ports - arts and jackit

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:22:35PM -0600, Jeff Cross wrote:

> I have tried uninstalling these ports (probably a bad thing)

No..but you didn't uninstall jackit, as you saw below.

> and
> reinstalling them but when I try to install arts (alphabetical order
> seemed logical enough to me) I get the following:

> ===>   arts-1.5.1_1,1 depends on shared library: jack - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for jack in /usr/ports/audio/jack

And you also forgot the 'make clean' last time you built it.
Deinstall it, run 'make clean', and then you will be able to reinstall
it.

Look into using portupgrade to upgrade your ports, since it does
things like cleaning up before/after builds automatically.

Kris
--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua--