Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ATA hangs my machine

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd love to play with the new IDE drivers, especially that I got an LS-120

Note that wfd is here for those drives.. I'm currently in a sticky situation:
	wd: works with all drives, does no manner of DMA on my 6.4G Medalist
	ATA: works with all but LS-120 (for me), does UDMA2 great on my Medalist, but has no
	     dump routine

> drive, but... I can't mount my filesystems with it. I'm using today's
> sources (kernel config file attached), and it fsck's them just ok, and
> then just hangs. Keyboard works, though. If I boot with -v, it reports:
>
> ad0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
>
> and of course it just sits there...
>
> The issue is, however, that old kernel booted just fine. I attached
> relevant parts of dmesg with old drivers, and disklabel and fdisk output.
>
> Any clues?

LBA?

> Andrzej Bialecki
>
> //  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
> // ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
> // --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/