Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:47:27 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Harry Newton <hn@yewbarrow.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression between 9-RELEASE and 9-STABLE [PCIB ?]

--vA66WO2vHvL/CRSR

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 07:15:54PM +0000, Harry Newton wrote:
> 9-RELEASE works fine. csup to 9-STABLE and make buildworld kernel etc
> gives a system the hangs during the boot process. There are no error
> messages during the part boot, and no panic. Last messages before hang
> are:
>=20
> pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
> pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
>=20
> I am stumped about how to diagnose this, and would be _very_ grateful
> for any suggestions.

I've been tracking stable/9 daily since it was branched; most recent:

FreeBSD g1-227.catwhisker.org 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #92 232249M: Tu=
e Feb 28 04:20:55 PST 2012     root@g1-227.catwhisker.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/=
sys/CANARY  i386

I have not seen anything like what you report.

Above uname is from my laptop; I've also been tracking stable/9 on
my home "build" machine.  (For that matter, I've also been tracking
it nearly weekly on my desktop at work.)

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--vA66WO2vHvL/CRSR

--vA66WO2vHvL/CRSR--