Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:36:55 +0200
From:      Roman Kennke <roman@ontographics.com>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELEASE_X_Y_Z branches/tags maintained??

> You might want to check history first -- I worked with a few
> others for about a year on OpenPackages.org, back in 2001.

This leads me to another possible solution for my problem (maintained
stable software) Its unrelated(?), but sounds similar to
OpenPackages.org: openpkg.org
It has a stable tree of common software and everything. Only thing I am
suspicious about is they use RPM system, which I don't like very much.
But maybe I'll give it a try.

/Roman